ZOMBIES you all rock ! If you missed the WALK on Saturday April 18 2009 you missed out! This was our biggest and most successful to date. Our good friends at Fangoria and Creation Entertainment took really good care of us and we all were very happy with the turnout. People from around the country came to join in on the fun.
So many ZOMBIE lovers hit up our site for WALK info that it knocked us down for a about a week. I'm happy to say we're back up and ready for more. We had over 50,000 hits on our in just a few days. It was unexpected but very welcomed.I thank you from all from the bottom of my black heart .To know that there are so many talented genre lovers interested in this is the best. So if your feeling a little left out~ not to worry our not walk is coming up in August...
Check out the So.Cal ZombieWalk Interview and Photos in the latest issue of LA Weekly magazine.
LA Weekly -
"This Zombie Moment: Hunting for What Lies Beneath the Undead Zeitgeist"So as always...
Stay UnDead !
~Antho >: )
SO.CAL ZOMBIEWALK and Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors is our next SO.CAL ZOMBIEWALK event on April 18th 2009.
Don't miss it this year. Every Zombie's opportunity of a lifless dead slumber time. Fangoria’s Weekend of Horrors and So.Cal Zombiewalk intends to make history this year by taking a stab at breaking the world record for Zombie Walkers, in a menacing march around the LA Convention Center. All living dead are welcome to participate in this postmortem parade, as well as contribute to our charitable blood and food drives, like the the Los Angeles Regional Foodbank:
The event will take place on April 18, 2009 at The Los Angeles Convention Center.
Click this banner for up to date info on Fangoria's: Weekend of Horrors
THE PLAN OF "ATTACK!":
Saturday, April 18, 2009
Time: 9 am - All Zombies report to The Concourse Foyer:
- Apply make up if you haven't already. Practice moaning and groaning "Braaiinnzzzz... More
braaiinnzzzz" and your best rigor mortis walk (Remember ZOMBIES DON'T RUN!)
Time: 9:30 am - Zombie Walk Begins:
- Zombies exit The Main Auditorium (Petree Hall) and shamble about following the official blood red route (see map below). While on the sidewalk you must stay in Zombie Mode. (See Rules of Conduct & "What is a Zombie Walk" below)
Time: 10 am:
- Zombies reach the end of the route, show opens and Zombies converge with the living to enjoy the rest of the festivities.
All times are tentative and subject to change.
ZOMBIE RULES OF CONDUCT:
1. Stay on the sidewalks AND official route. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
2. Do not touch, attempt to scare or otherwise engage anyone who is not a willing participant. Avoid confrontations!
3. No drugs or alcohol during the walk.
4. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do many times and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Los Angeles Police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let's put on a good show.
5. No weapons or replica weapons. Any and all props should be safe and clearly fake.
6. No eating of REAL brains or body parts permitted.
WHAT IS A "ZOMBIE WALK"?:
A zombie walk is an organized public gathering of people who dress up in zombie costumes and make up. Usually the participants make their way around a predetermined route in a somewhat orderly fashion, limping and gnawing their way towards its end.
During the event participants are encouraged to remain in character as zombies and to communicate only in a manner consistent with zombies (such as grunts, groans and slurred moans calling for “Braaiinnzzzz”.)
A professional makeup artist will be applying zombie makeup before the walk. They sell everything you need to be a zombie.
SOME ADDITIONAL TIPS:
Clearly, the only purpose of a Zombie Walk is to have fun...so don't miss the point by causing or getting caught up in drama. Make a day that you will remember and laugh about for decades! Besides setting a place and a date for this public event, and inviting you to dress up like zombies and wander around in public... we have no responsibility for who shows up, how they act, or the other 1,000,000 things that could go wrong each-and-every-time you go out in public. Like any other stroll down a sidewalk, things can happen. This is a completely open and voluntary event, and we cannot be held responsible if you get hurt, arrested, or otherwise inconvenienced. Whatever care you take when you normally go out in public, you should also take the day of the Fangoria's Weekend Of Horrors Zombie Walk. Fake blood can look really great and can make the walk a lot of fun. However, being covered in sticky goo if you get hot just isn't much fun. So please, don't apply fake blood to the point where you are dripping it all over other people, the ground or anything else.
ZOMBIE WALK ROUTE:
Stay Dead ! ~Antho :)